Race Intern Job Description
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Position Status: Intern (unpaid); Course Credit offered.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week (15 hrs minimum, M-F between 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m.; two-semester commitment preferred)
The Race Intern will assist the Komen staff with various duties including revenue generation and event logistics. Other duties assigned as needed.
- Assist the staff with logistical and fundraising efforts surrounding the annual Susan G. Komen San Antonio Race for the Cure
- Work with event vendors and volunteers for Race day
- Recruit local cheer groups and bands to provide entertainment for Race day
- Represent Affiliate as needed at community events
- Work with local businesses to help them build Race for the Cure teams and fundraise for the event
- Assist with development and implementation of weekly Team Captain emails, meetings, and webinars
- Solicit in-kind donations and fundraising incentives for prizes and rewards
- Provide on-site assistance for event set-up and Race day
- Respond to event inquiries and concerns
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups of 10-50
- Must have own laptop computer
- A passion for writing and discipline to edit using AP style
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate and work in a team environment
- Undergraduate or graduate student required
- Must be able to attend Race for the Cure and set-up (Date TBD)
- Must have own transportation and willingness to travel throughout the City of San Antonio
Opportunity to work within the nonprofit sector and develop fundraising and leadership skills. Be part of a mission to save lives from breast cancer.
Please Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Breanna Davila, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com.