Fundraising & Event Internship Job Description
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Position Status: Intern (unpaid); Course Credit Offered.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week (15 hrs. minimum anytime M-F between 9am-5pm; evenings and weekends may be required. Two semester commitment is preferred)
The Fundraising and Events Intern will work closely with the Development Coordinator to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals and companies interested in supporting Susan G. Komen San Antonio. Strongly preferred: someone who is currently pursuing or who has obtained a degree in Liberal Arts, Communications or a closely related field.
- Assist with gift acknowledgment, donor database (Salesforce/Convio) and filing of donations
- Research and prepare background for individuals, teams and corporations
- Support and attend special events and fundraising activities
- Opportunity to own/manage various events/activities
- Draft and proofread professional correspondence
- Assist with in-kind requests (both written and verbal)
- Coordinate closely with marketing team on social media, collateral, and web content to promote events
- Must have customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups of 10-50
- Comfort and familiarity with event planning
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills
- Comfort with soliciting/interacting with individuals and companies face-to-face, on the phone or via mail/email
- Undergraduate or graduate student required
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications, email and donor management system preferred
- Must have personal laptop
- Must have reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout the City of San Antonio
- Hours may vary from the standard 9am- 5pm. Evening and weekends may be required.
Opportunity to work within the nonprofit sector and develop fundraising and leadership skills. Be part of a mission to save lives from breast cancer.
Please Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Mercedes Esquivel, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org