Donate your used car, van, truck, motorcycle, boat with a trailer, or recreational vehicle to the San Antonio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. It’s as easy as filling out our online auto donation form and selecting the San Antonio Affiliate.
The proceeds from the sale of our donated vehicles will help provide the necessary breast cancer services needed for our underserved men and women in our community. YOU will help make a difference in someone’s life! Did you know that 75 percent of net funds raised LOCALLY stays LOCALLY? Komen San Antonio provides funding to LOCAL non-profit healthcare organization for breast health services for the underserved men and women in Bexar County. The remaining 25 percent is sent to Komen Headquarters for the Komen Award and Research Grant Program, which funds research on an international level. Historically, more than 100 percent of Komen San Antonio funds sent to Komen Headquarters for research programs have returned to San Antonio in the form of research grants taking place at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
We accept any vehicles regardless of age and condition!
Prefer to speak to a person? Please have your title in hand and a friendly operator will assist you. Just remember to mention that you want the donation to benefit the San Antonio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (EST)
Vehicle donations made to Komen San Antonio are tax deductible. Our organization has been designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charity. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck, or other vehicle. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the gross proceeds exceed $500, Form 1098C “Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes” and Form 8283 "Non Cash Charitable Contributions", must also be completed and attached. Forms 1098C and 8283 are required to be provided to the donor within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle.
To learn more on what the donors’ responsibilities are prior to making a vehicle donation, please consult the "Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations" found in IRS Publication 4303. The file may be read with Adobe Reader.
Simply call the toll free number at 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622) with the year, make and model of your vehicle, the general condition, the vehicle identification number, and with title and lien in hand or use our online auto donation form (remember to select the San Antonio Affiliate). We will handle the rest. Our friendly operators are glad to answer any questions you may have. They will arrange a convenient time for free auto towing, and mail your required tax form documentation within four to six weeks.
Komen San Antonio has partnered with Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit agency, to manage and operate our vehicle donation program. Melwood, since 1963 has provided job training and employment for over 2,000 individuals with disabilities. What fees does Melwood keep?
Thank you for your support!