Reports To: Development Director
Position: Intern; Unpaid; 10–15 hours per week.
The Graphic Design Intern will serve as in-house graphic designer for Susan G. Komen San Antonio, using creative and digital design skills to create marketing collateral to communicate our mission.
This role provides the opportunity to reach local audiences through various channels including social media, website and e-blasts. Project and branding direction will be provided by the Development Director and Events Director. Internship offers flexible schedule with the ability to work from home.
Portfolio samples are required to apply.
- Create Affiliate and fundraising collateral, invitations, web graphics, social media sharable graphics, magazine advertisements, event brochures, signage and more.
- Support creative needs of Affiliate staff including education, fundraising and awareness efforts.
- Participate in planning and implementation of marketing campaigns and events.
- Monitor digital design trends and recommend strategies for effective marketing and communication.
- Work with printers as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient time management to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate and work in a team environment.
- Must need internship for university program credit.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment.
Please submit cover letter, resume and at least four graphic design samples to Elyse Bernal, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the internship title and your first and last name in the subject line of the email.
About Susan G. Komen San Antonio
Susan G. Komen began in 1982 as a promise between Nancy G. Brinker and her sister Susan G. Komen who died of breast cancer at age 36. Komen has invested nearly $2.5 billion in breast cancer research and community outreach programs, becoming one of the largest global sources of funds fighting breast cancer.
Established in 1997, Komen San Antonio Affiliate has invested more than $17.2 million. Seventy-five percent supports local nonprofit programs providing vital breast cancer screening, treatment and education right here in San Antonio. The remaining 25 percent goes to the Susan G. Komen Grants Program for groundbreaking breast cancer research and scientific programs around the world. Historically, more than 100 percent of funds the San Antonio Affiliate sends to Headquarters come back to our community in research grants.